Friday 18 March 2016

Mr. Dale's Diary


EXTRACTS from a diary that have been sent to Northern Voices
This is the diary of a man of our times. 
Any resemblance to anyone living is, of course, purely coincidental.

Friday 18th March 2016

There seems to be a bit of mumbling about ME. I don’t mind any proper (paid) publicity, but I will not tolerate unpaid mumbling about ME.
So I had a glass the other night, it’s not unusual for a man of the people like what I am. I’d been to a do and felt a bit flat, after the Lord Mayor’s show as the saying goes. There were a lot of young fillies who were adoring me, especially my fine physique and I was just returning their attention. I am a love machine. I think that is what happened, I can’t really remember. But if I think that is what happened, then that IS what happened. Now where did I park my passion waggon? How embarrassing. Well, it would be for anyone but ME.
I broke out in a sweat when I heard there were new taxes on drinks and coke. I thought, yet another tax on the working man, so I’ll put less sugary drink in the glass and more, you know! Never mind, higher beings can always put anything on expenses.
After my news yesterday about Sportland, it seems they have bought a pub on site as well. Makes a return visit most promising. It’s named after some bloke I’ve never heard of. They should name it after ME.
******

No comments: