Friday 12 December 2014

The Price of Everything...

Rochdale councillor and businesswoman Karen Danczuk has defended her decision to sell scented ‘selfies’ of herself on eBay - and says it’s a simple case of supply-and-demand.

The Twitter-loving politician, married to Rochdale’s Labour MP Simon Danczuk, said her signed snaps are highly sought after.

Mrs Danczuk explained:
 'I decided to do them because they are in demand. People ask me for a little picture or a little note all the time. I’m very business minded, it’s in my blood.'

The selfies are sprayed with Chanel perfume before they are sold for £10 each on eBay.
Now mum-of-two Karen, 31, has already sold 80 cards on the auction website - and she’s buying more bottles of her favourite perfume in anticipation of further sales.

She added: I need to print off more and I’m going to have to buy more Chanel perfume.
'I can’t believe how big it has become - I’ve had a radio station in Australia wanting to talk to me about it.

'At the end of the day newspapers print my picture all the time - my face is in the paper every week and the newspapers are making money from it. Why can’t I?'

No comments: